Still hosting LIVE sessions in July, it's not too late to join us!!

The majority of presentations have been recorded and OWP resources folder has been filled with great ideas of the teaching of writing crossing age groups and subjects.  Recordings and resources will be available through July 31st.   You have access to everything with your registration!

Reflections from tourists who have June sessions:
  • Loved this session today! Thanks!
  • You packed a lot into an hour and I'm so grateful!
  • Thanks for the help on how to use writer's notebooks!
  • Thanks for the reflections and time to write. I need to start writing everyday again!
  • Thank you for answering questions and making everyone feel comfortable.
  • Wonderful ideas and resources!
  • Ideas that can be implemented immediately, for any topic.
  • Activities that I can use in my classroom to engage students!
  • I learned how teaching kids to add details to their writing and take their time brainstorming
  • Excellent ideas. I really liked the brain info and graphic.

Registration information is located in the link below.
(Paying with PO--You can be invoiced in July if needed.)

Quick look to all sessions provided in attached PDF.

July Sessions:

Session # 18

Excursion Date: Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Excursion Time: 10:00:00 AM

Excursion Title: Writing Across the Curriculum

Description: Want to spice up your writing activities across the curriculum? This session will give you new ideas on how to use writing in Math, Science, and Social Studies too!

Topic Band: Writing Across the Curriculum

Targeted Grade Band: Prek-2nd

Presenter(s): Patty ODonnell

Rescheduled: Session # 12

Excursion Date: Friday, July 9, 2021

Excursion Time: 2:30:00 PM

Excursion Title: Effective Feedback & Rubrics

Topic Band: Providing Feedback

Targeted Grade Band: 3rd-5th

Presenter(s): Carole Morris

Session # 19

Excursion Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Excursion Time: 10:00:00 AM

Excursion Title: In and Out. Up and Down. In the Gap: Motivating Strategies that Motivate the Unmotivated

Description: The past two teaching years seem, at times, like a Dr. Suess book written just about teaching. With so much going on, it is no wonder that so many of our students, and faculty, need help to stay in the game. In this session, we will explore some proven foundations for personal, professional relationships and give some specific strategies that will help us engage (and keep engaged) those students who need us most.

Topic Band: Motivating the Unmotivated

Targeted Grade Band: All Grades

Presenter(s): Bonner Slayton

Session # 20

Excursion Date: Thursday, July 15, 2021

Excursion Time: 1:00:00 PM

Excursion Title: Get those Pencils Dancing!!

Description: We’ll share multiple ways to use daily quick writes with in-person and virtual classrooms. We’ll also look how to use the Writing Process to organize your daily writing lessons.

Topic Band: Best Classroom Strategies

Targeted Grade Band: Appropriate for multiple grades

Presenter(s): Tamee Daniel

Session # 21

Excursion Date: Monday, July 19, 2021

Excursion Time: 9:00:00 AM

Excursion Title: Jump Starting the School Year with Writing

Topic Band: Best Classroom Strategies

Targeted Grade Band: All Grades

Presenter(s): Sandi Hebert

Session # 22

Excursion Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Excursion Time: 1:00:00 PM

Excursion Title: Painting with Participles

Description: Improve student writing and encourage and enhance revision with this practical approach to one of Harry Noden’s “brush strokes” — participial phrases. Use manipulatives, models, and picture prompts to scaffold students through a sequence of strategies developed based on pedagogical recommendations from experts such as Don and Jenny Killgallon, Constance Weaver, and Jim Burke.

Topic Band: 6 Traits of Writing

Targeted Grade Band: 6th-8th

Presenter(s): L. Alicia Lacy-Scott

Audra Plummer  M. Ed.