SSEC-L Archives

Students for Social and Economic Change

SSEC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Joshua Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joshua Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 06:24:18 +0000
To those who accuse our concerns for the condition of civil-rights
alarmists:

Today, George W. Bush has enacted a law that means those charged with
"conspiracy" under the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act will now be tried by a "secret
military tribunal" and will no longer have the right to attorney client
secrecy.  That's right, the federal government will monitor the
communications between the accused and their attorney and use this
information against them at a military trial. So long Habias Corpus. It's
good vs. evil now, right?  Mr. Bush has insisted, "If you're not with us
then your against us." Well then, Dubya...God bless America, indeed.  We're
gonna' need a miracle.

Yours comradely,
Joshua

P.S.  See ya'll in Levenworth.