OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:57:19 -0700
To OWP Teacher Consultants:

Secondary teachers (MS/HS):

The Write To Win conference for students and teachers
is scheduled for Friday,  November 3, at Moore-Norman
Career Tech.  If you would like to present to students
or teachers, please let me know.

We will want student workshops to focus on one of the
following genres:
short story, poetry, essay, personal narrative,
descriptive paragraph

The goal is for students to do some pre-writing and
begin a rough draft they can enter in the writing
contest.  An exercise you have used in class with your
own students would be perfect.

What I need from you:
Title of workshop
Description for program (100 words or fewer).  Make it
sound fun!

If you'd rather to do your presentation for teachers
(I'll probably need only two), please send me your
workshop title and program description.

If you are chosen to present, your registration fee is
waived and you receive $125.00 from OWP.   Preference
is given to teachers who bring students with them.

Please let me know if you have questions.

If you don't want to present but still want to bring
students, please come! If you've never been to one of
these conferences, you don't know what you and your
students are missing!

 The registration form is online at the OWP website:
http://www.ou.edu/special/owp/

Thank you!

Janis

Janis Cramer