PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Mary Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Open discussions on the writer's craft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:28:01 -0500
        Okay, for Thursday night I reserved us a study table at Borders for
8pm on Thursday.  Hope to see as many of you there as possible.  I'll be
getting there around 7 or so and I'll have some kind of sign on the table
around 8 since I doubt most of us know each other by sight.
        Feel free to bring anything you're working on now that you might
want input on.  I figure this would be a good chance for us to decide what
we want this group to be and what purpose we'd like it to serve.  So on that
note, see you Thursday.

        Now, my question is about novel structure.  I've recently picked
back up on my novel that's still barely started and I'm recalling a problem
I had in novel class too.
        How do you guys decide where to end/begin chapters?  Any tricks or
just when it feels right?  I mean, I know after a sequel and preferably some
time after a major plot point but I never know exactly when to end it.
        I'd appreciate any input. Thanks guys.
~Mary~