PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
William Prescott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PWA Inside Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:50:11 -0800
Going to the press would  be a baaaaad idea. We are
getting many concessions and improvements by working
in an civil manner within the OU adminstration.

I am swamped till next Monday. Afterwards, I will
write a detailed e-mail about what's up. If people
want to know now, call me at 405-579-1291. Perhaps, we
could even set up another PWA meeting.

Yes, we will go to Pres. Boren.

But remember, you catch more flies with honey than
vinegar.

Yes, it is trite... but I burned a lot of bridges
unecessarily before I saw the truth in it.

Will

--- "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I think going to the Daily or the Oklahoman is a
> poor idea. It's very
> easy to paint a picture of the PW department being
> overlooked,
> overworked and underfunded and to not hilight the
> department's potential
> or good points. It also has the potential for
> backlash as it could make
> the group look really fussy, and we all know there
> are many other
> programs at OU that are in the same boat.
>
> On the other hand, a meeting with Boren is good. At
> least talk to him to
> find out why the funding is going to brick and
> mortar instead of
> enhancing the programs. He's a smooth talker, so
> don't be put off by
> what he says and don't buy into it completely
> either. Still, it'd be in
> the PW program's interest to make their requests
> known. That man can
> milk funding from anything, and if he doesn't spend
> it on fancy
> furniture somewhere, you guys should tell him that
> you'd like a piece of it.

William D. Prescott

University of Oklahoma

office no. 405-325-2710