Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
This listserv will be used to facilitate communication among alternative media academics <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Arne Hintz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 19:34:10 +0200
Dear all!

As so many others, I'm unfortunately not able to come to Australia for
OURMedia6. But, equally as many others on this list and in the wider OURMedia
network, I will check the site and the list for updates and I'm hoping for
stories and reports from those that will be there. I have only been to one OM
conference so far (in Porto Alegre, 2004), but that was a great experience.

The OM conferences are crucial (and the programme for this one is fantastic...
I shouldn't look at it any longer, it's just too frustrating not to be
there :), but OURMedia connections are flourishing beyond those central events.
Collaborative research projects by different OURMedia members are taking place
(an example: a consortium on civil society media policy, initiated by Gabi
Hadl), smaller conferences and workshops are held (an example: "Community
Broadcasting Policy in Europe", organised by Kate Coyer, to take place here at
the CEU in Budapest in May), OM members are moving to new universities and
starting new research projects and/or teaching programmes in community or
alternative media, and they are meeting alongside other conferences (such as
IAMCR in Paris in July), advocacy coalitions are forming (such as, for example,
the Community Media Forum Europe)....

It would be great to further develop such connections, make them visible (on
the website or elsewhere), and keep track of what is happening inbetween
conferences. If from the "OURfuture" discussions there emerges an interest to
work more on this, I'd be happy to contribute in whatever way.

Now, a happy OURMedia6 everyone! And don't forget us poor people elsewhere on
the planet :)

Best wishes,
Arne Hintz

(currently Center for Media and Communication Studies, Central European
University, Budapest; usually Research Centre Media and Politics, University of
Hamburg)