OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Oklahoma Writing Project <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:45:21 -0700
A note to OWP TCs:

TIME TO BEGIN SITE PROFILE DATA ENTRY 末
The note below explains one of the aspects of my job
as co-director of inservice.  If you presented as part
of one of OWP's conferences, I know about how many
participants were in your workshops.  BUT if you
presented at a school district workshop and I wasn't
there, I don't know how many participants you had
unless you told me.  Also, some of you may have
presented places I'm not aware of, so I'd like to know
about any staff development workshops or student
writing workshops you've held so that I can include
them in our OWP continued funding grant.
Keeping track of all these numbers is a mind-boggling
task for me, so I appreciate your individual reports
back to me.

Also, please check out the site opportunities below.
Some are very exciting.  Let me know if you're
interested in applying for any of them.

NWP is a place that offers you opportunities to step
beyond your own classroom.  Please see what looks
interesting to you!

And good luck with your new school year.  Hope your
students are the best ever.

Janis

TIME TO BEGIN SITE PROFILE DATA ENTRY 末
The annual NWP Site Profile is now online. Inverness
Research
Associates has mailed a packet to each site with the
site's user key and
instructions. We encourage you to begin data entry
right away and add to it
over time. The deadline for completing the profile is
Friday, October 13.
\

- - - - - - - - - - - SITE OPPORTUNITIES - - - - - - -
- - - -

NWP STUDY GROUP ON INSERVICE DESIGNS --
Apply now to join an NWP online study group that will
explore
resources, exchange experiences, and provide ideas for
expanding existing
inservice programs. Selected NWP at Work monographs,
along with other
resources, will be part of the discussion. Twenty
sites with two
representatives each will be part of the ten-day
online discussion using Tapped In.
No experience with Tapped In is necessary. Deadline:
September 25.
http://www.writingproject.org/cs/nwpp/print/nwp_e/170

APPLY FOR STATE AND REGIONAL NETWORK MINIGRANTS 末
State and regional networks of sites are invited to
apply for an NWP
minigrant. Deadline is September 1, with funding
available immediately
following proposal review. (NOTE: Networks funded for
2006-2007 are not
eligible for this round of grants.)
http://www.writingproject.org/cs/nwpp/print/pa/47

DON探 MISS ELL CONFERENCE AT UCLA 末
The NWP English Language Learners Network invites
sites interested in
expanding perspectives on English language learners to
attend With
Different Eyes: A Conference for Teachers of English
Language Learners
Across the Disciplines, November 4, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30
p.m. at the UCLA
Faculty Center. Conference co-sponsor UCLA Writing
Project offers two
complimentary registrations per site, first-come,
first-served.
http://www.writingproject.org/cs/nwpp/print/nwp_e/169

BACK-TO-SCHOOL PRESS RELEASE SENT TO REPORTERS
NATIONWIDE 末
On August 10, NWP sent a press release to education
reporters
highlighting the fact that summer institute
participants are now returning to
their classrooms, rejuvenated and ready to help
students improve their
writing. As a result of this press release, sites may
get calls from
reporters. Sites interested in raising their
visibility should feel free to
use the press release as a model for their own public
relations
efforts.
http://www.writingproject.org/cs/nwpp/print/nwpr/2338

Also see NWP's Advocacy Toolkit for tips on using the
media to promote
local site efforts.
http://www.writingproject.org/cs/nwpp/print/nwp_docs/465

Janis Cramer