OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:30:38 -0700
Janis:
Please share this with the OWP TC's.  Anyone who is
interested may attend and bring a spouse/significant
other/travel partner.

Dear Teacher Consultants:

We have received the preliminary data for the
"Discovering Our Voices: London 2007" writing marathon
next summer, organized by the Flint Hills Writing
Project.  We will be working through the Kansas State
University International Programs Office and Eden
Travels out of London, England.

Our writing marathon will begin on Friday, July 27,
2007 at the Kansas City International Airport.  Our
writing marathon will conclude on Friday, August 3,
2007.* (Dates are subject to shift to the Saturday if
we can receive a cheaper airfare).

Included in the price will be:
6 nights stay at a 2 star (equivalent to 3-4 star in
the US) hotel in city center, London
Breakfast on all days, services, and taxes,
Globe theater ticket and tour
Underground Pass while in London
Tours of Westminister Abbey, National Gallery, St.
Paul's Cathedral, Windsor Castle
Day trips to Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Windsor
Possible trip to a Comedy Club (The Comedy Station) in
London
Round trip airfare from MCI (Kansas City) to Heathrow

We are also trying to organize time with education
officials, but they will not be in session at the
time.  We have built in a margin of funds to use for
further development of that program.

Lunch and dinner will be on your own. We may decide to
do group meals while on excursions, optional to
participants.

For participants wanting to take as a non-credit
option, the price will be appx. $3,250 depending on
airfare costs.
For participants wanting to take for three hours of
credit, the price will be appx. $3,539 depending on
airfare costs.

If we are unable to schedule additional activites, a
refund of the marginal funds will occur when the trip
concludes.

Payment arrangement details are being finalized with
the KSU International Programs Office.  It will
require a deposit, and two-three additional payments,
to be paid in full in the spring of 2007.

Please respond to this email to indicate your
interest, or continued interest, in traveling with the
Flint Hills Writing Project writing marathon.  Please
include your name, mailing address, and contact
information.  We will mail all of the materials
necessary to reserve your place as soon as we finalize
details with the International Programs Office.

Please let me know if you have any questions!!

Thank you!

Shelbie Witte
Co-Director, Flint Hills Writing Project

If you do not have a passport, you could begin the
process of obtaining it at any time.

We are also in the preliminary stages of organizing
"Discovering Our Voices: Costa Rica 2008"!