From:
Martha Wallner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martha Wallner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:59:09 -0800
Dear Nuestros Medios:

I'm working with a video tape archivist from New York University to properly
archive video tapes that were produced in Nicaragua in the years just
following the revolution in 1979. Through NYU we're getting preservation
copies and digital files made as well as screening copies. We've identified
an institution that can probably serve as a repository in Nicaragua but we
also want one in the U.S.

Our preference is an institution that serves scholars of latin american
history and politics - one that will host some additional paper files that
contextualize the
work. I've heard good things about Univ. of Texas - and would appreciate any
contacts there.

As you may know, proper video preservation is only just beginning - very few
institutions know how to do it - (meanwhile tapes are falling apart - are
any of you working on this?!!)

Suggestions of other universities or libraries are welcome,

Thanks,

Martha Wallner
http://mediajusticehistoryproject.org/wordpress/