PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Deborah Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PWA Inside Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:10:53 -0500
Greetings,
I'm glad to see this discussion about the proposed Web site.  Elizabeth's comment that we aren't registered as an official student group caught my attention.  This needs to be done, plus we need to get PWA organized into an actual, functioning group with some continuity across the semesters.  I'm not saying anyone has to volunteer to work long and hard at anything, but it's time we got serious about having a viable group.  Earlier this week, I talked with a PW alum who wants to give us a generous monetary donation, but only if we can get organized.  We have to be registered.  We'll need a bank account.  We'll need real officers, even if they're called representatives.

Think about it,
DC

Deborah Chester
John Crain Presidential Professor
Professional Writing
Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication
University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK  73019-2051
Ph: (405) 325-4192