Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:31:33 +0900
====================
Hello OURMedia/NUESTROSMedios friends,

Right before our ourmedia conference in Bangalore, there is this alternative
media event during the lead-up to the WTO meeting. This group is eager to
connect with existing movements and networks. Many of the organizations who
met for the Taiwan Ourmedia Meeting will be there. Indymedia people
especially welcome. Looking at the speaker list, I would think they could
use more female speakers! Come forth!

Best,
Gabi
k70 [AT] mac [DOT] com
(my other addresses are still working, no need to update your address book)

:::::::::::http://inmedia-conf.blogspot.com/::::::::::

new media and social transformation conference
Hongkong, early Decemeber 2005 (check for dates)

Conference:  9-10, December, 2005
Workshops: December 3-4 and 16-17

Hosting organization: Hong Kong In-Media and Master of Cultural Studies,
Lingnan University
Partnership-network organizations: Pots magazine, Coolloud net, Hong Kong
peoplešs radio, Chamsaesang

::::::::::::http://inmedia-conf.blogspot.com/::::::::::

Hong Kong In-media  (http://www.inmediahk.net) would like to seize the
opportunity of WTO ministerial meeting in Hong Kong in December 2005 for
organizing a conference on "new media and social transformation". we want to
have an international, grassroot and critical gathering paralell to the
elitist and corporate-led WTO MC6
(http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/minist_e/min05_e/min05_e.htm  on 3 to
18 December 2005)

We hope that by this gathering we can:

1. Promote the ideas of independent media, blogger journalism and citizen
journalism in Hong Kong so that people can start joining the existing
independent media platform or building their own media.
2. promote the idea of global citizen and border-crossing perspective.
3. Further substantiate the development of independent media in Hong Kong
for the development of democratic and open society.
4. Plan for future collaboration among independent media within Hong Kong,
the Asia Region and among international community.

Confirmed Sessions:

- Participatory journalism and independent media movement
- Global citizen and new media?
- The Development of Internet media in Chinese Speaking World
- New media and education
- Internet media in Chinese communities
- Do-it-yourself Media Workshops

Languages: Cantonese, Putonghua and English translation

If anyone of you will be coming to Hong Kong in December and want to share
with us your experience and ideas concerning the above themes, please write
a brief self introduction and an abstract (within 1000 words) of your
presentation and
e-mail to inmediahk[at]gmail[dot]com
or
Post  http://inmedia-conf.blogspot.com/

Or join organizing mailing list

Registration:
Conference and workshop registration

Name

Organizational affiliation

Professional background

Gender

Age

Nationality

Contact e-mail

Conference session that you would like to attend: One, Two, Three, Four

Workshop deposit fee 100US or 800HKD, 100% refundable upon finishing the
whole workshop course. (Cash deposite or Bank draft payable to Hong Kong
In-Media @Hang Seng Bank: 221-543853-001 )

Yours,

Hong Kong In-media http://www.inmediahk.net