From:
John Downing <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Downing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 14:10:49 -0500
Dear OurMedia participants/NuestrosMedios companer@s,

Very briefly, now back in the USA, I join you all to say what an
excellent event this was, in its balance of activists and researchers,
younger and older, global North and global South, women and men.

And to thank Juan Salazar and his amazing team, local as well as
international, for their remarkable efforts to make this a truly
memorable and stimulating event.

And not least to thank Lena and Caitlin and their artists for the
intense program they put on for us at ICE.

In my best hopes as Clemencia, Nick and I originally started this
project, I never anticipated such a flowering of energy and wisdom on
these matters. I can only repeat how honored and humbled I am to have
been invited to provide the opening address.

With my very best wishes, saludos a todos, John Downing