OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:00:06 -0700
Dear OWP Teacher Consultants--

The 2007 Spring Conference for Students and Teachers
and the Spring Celebration for winners of the writing
contest is scheduled for April 26 at Moore-Norman
Career Tech, Franklin Street Campus.  If you've never
attended, you should make this your first one.  We
guarantee it won't be your last.

If you're interested in presenting, please e-mail me a
proposal with title and program description.  Let me
know if you prefer to present to students or teachers.
 You will make $125 for presenting once, and your
registration fee will be waived.

We had 330 entries from 70 teachers in the writing
contest, so I'm expecting a big turn-out at the
conference.  Because the career tech has raised prices
on the facility, we will not be able to let the
winners attend for free this time.  Also, student
registration will be $20; teacher, $25.
Administrators and parents may attend the awards
presentation for free.

Pat Sturm, OWP TC and judge of the prose entries, will
present the joint session in the afternoon.
Registration form and flier is attached.  Please
register early so I'll know how many presenters we're
going to need.  Thank you!

Janis