From:
Vickram Crishna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vickram Crishna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:52:39 +0530
At 5:13 PM +1100 11/19/04, Juan Salazar wrote:
>Hola Amalia, red Nuestros Medios. Gracias por tu mensaje y volver a
>poner el tema de los medios indigenas en la discusion.  Yo no creo que
>haya problemas en la red de NM para aceptar y apoyar la comunicacion
>indigena. Yo sigo manteniendo mi disposicion manifestada en Porto
>alegre a coordinar o facilitar esta area con quien quiera participar.
>Creo que parte por  nosotros trabajando en esta area de organizar algo
>en concreto para el proximo aņo y tu ya has dado el primer paso. Ademas
>ya tenemos la respuesta positiva de Manish Kumar en India.
>
>Hi Amalia, our media network. Thanks for your message and for putting
>back in the OM agenda the issue of indigenous media. I donīt think
>there would be a problem within the OU network to support indigenous
>communications in the future. As I said in Porto Alegre Iīm still
>willing to volunteer to facilitate this area within the next conference
>together with whoever wants to take part. I think it starts with us,
>working in this area, to organize something concrete for next year and
>you have taken the first step. Moreover, we already have a positive
>response from Manish Kumar in India.

Yes I also agree. Am glad to know that Manish has had something
working in Uttaranchal, I too have an interest in that part of the
world.

I am copying this to the new list which is opening up to discuss OMV
(nothing much has happened so far, but some of you may want to be
there right now, if you aren't already).
--
Vickram