OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Kim Elmore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Elmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:34:40 -0500
As the OUARC Faculty Advisor, I also must congratulate Robin on her
leadership of the OUARC. Her leadership and dedication have been nothing
short of exemplary in every respect. She took on a difficult task: the
resurrection of a nearly defunct student organization dedicated to a
rather obscure activity. More to the point, she succeeded! I know how
hard this must have been because, long ago (probably around 1977-1978),
I too was the president of the OUARC. On paper, it had more members then
but activity was a serious problem. I found the job nearly impossible,
and that was well before the Internet and trivially inexpensive global
communications had taken the shine off of long distance HF
communications. We had a very cramped Heathkit station in the
Engineering Center with a very poor antenna. Through Robin's efforts OU
once again has an active amateur radio club presence along with good
equipment. All the officers who have the privilege of following Robin
(congratulations Zac!) will have her to thank for the club's sound
foundation. And, they will also have large shoes to fill.

So, to you Robin, I say "Well Done!"

Kim Elmore, N5OP

--
Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (PP SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)
"All weather is divided into three parts: Yes, No and Maybe. The greatest of these is maybe." -- The original Latin appears to be garbled.