OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:57:45 -0700
From    [log in to unmask]
Date    Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:22:45 -0500
To      [log in to unmask]
Cc      [log in to unmask]
Subject         OWP Mentor Search

Dear TCs,

When you went through the Summer Institute, did you
admire your mentors?  Have you ever thought about
being a SI mentor yourself?  Did you know you could
make $1200?  Did you know that if you're a mentor, you
might have your way paid to the National Writing
Project conference in November?

Karin Perry and I would like to invite you to apply
for a mentor position for the 2008 SI.  Please respond
to the questions below, if you are interested in the
position.  Email me, Emily Todd, at
[log in to unmask]  by Thursday, June 28th.

1.  What grade level and subject do you currently
teach?
2.  How have you been involved in OWP since you went
through the
institute?
3.  What strength do you feel you can bring to the
summer institute?
4.  Would you be able to attend the National Writing
Project conference
November 15-18, if given a partial travel grant?
5.  Have you recruited someone to attend the SI in the
past?  If so,
who?

Depending on the number of participants next summer,
we may need as many as 5 mentors.  Part of your
responsibilities as a mentor will be publicity and
recruitment.  We will be choosing 3 mentors to send to
NWP/NCTE conference in November in New York.  However,
2 additional applications will be chosen as alternates
in case we need the additional mentors in the summer.
However, alternates will not be sent to NYC.

We look forward to hearing back from you!  Please
click here to ask questions or respond:

Sincerely,
Emily Todd
2007-2008 SI Co-Director