OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:34:18 -0700
Dear OWP Teacher Consultants--

We hope you'll bring your students to the spring
writing conferences. You are welcome and encouraged to
attend the awards assembly for the winners of the
Oklahoma Centennial writing contest after the
conference so that you and your students will receive
a copy of the Centennial anthology.  Attached is a
list of the winning writers.

Also attached are registration forms for both
conferences.
Registration deadline is Friday, March 14.

The elementary conference will be held at JD McCarty
Center in Norman March 27.  Directions to the center
can be found at this website:
http://www.jdmc.org/map.htm

The secondary conference will be held at Oklahoma City
University April 3.  Driving directions can be found
at this website:
http://www.okcu.edu/visitors/directions.aspx

8:30  Registration/Refreshments
9:00-9:20 Orientation
9:30-10:45  Session One
11:00-12:15  Session Two
12:15-1:30  Lunch
1:30-2:30  Joint Session for Everyone
2:45-3:15 Award presentation to winners of Centennial
writing contest/Readaround

Guest speaker at the elementary conference, Anna
Myers, will have books for sale and will autograph
books following her presentation.

Guest speaker for the secondary general session is
one of our own TC's, Joan Harper, who will perform a
Chataquah presentation of Susan B. Anthony.

If you register, we will be sending a copy of the
program to you after spring break, along with further
information.

Thank you for your participation in OWP events.

Janis

Janis Cramer
Co-Director of Inservice
Oklahoma Writing Project