PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
William Prescott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PWA Inside Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:22:51 -0700
The Fantastic Four of Elizabeth, Lindsey, Isaac, and
Will braved the barricades and homecoming festivities
to meet. Here is what came of our multi-party talks:

1. STOCKING OUR LOUNGE

We need books for our lounge in order to create a
lending library of novels. You can help in two ways:

a. Give $3 (or $1 or 50 cents... we're that broke.)

If you cannot come to the Book Sale, please bring your
chump change to Kelly Storm in GH3000. They will take
your money and make sure it gets to the crew that will
go buy books for us.

Turn in money from today, Tues., Oct. 24th to Friday,
Oct 27th.

b. Buy books at the Norman Public Library Book Sale

If you want to help buy the books, please e-mail Will
at [log in to unmask] If possible, we will carpool.

When -- Oct 30th from 3 pm - 8 pm.
Where: Norman Public Library

2. Stocking Our Lounge -- Part 2: Furniture

All we need is to make an appointment and we can go
pick out furniture for the lounge from Surplus. If you
are interested in helping with that process, again
e-mail Will at [log in to unmask]

3. Re-launching a PWA website

We used to have one. It disappeared.

If anyone is willing to set us up a website, please
say so. We are hoping to develop a message board
system on the site, so we no longer have to send all
comments over the list serv.

4. Officers

If we want to be taken seriously by the college and/or
secure any funding, we need officers in order to set
up a university bank account.

Standard positions are President, V.P, Treasurer,
Secretary... Since we creative types don't like these
things, suggest alternative names.

Keymaster, Office Bitch, Grand Wizard. Any suggestions
are appreciated.

The key is we need to organize elections and conduct
one ASAP.

5. OPEN LOUNGE HOURS --

I will open the lounge for all to stare and be amazed
from 11 am - 1 pm next Monday, Oct. 3oth and Tuesday,
Oct 31st.

Come and see our space. Offer suggestions. Get
involved.

---

That's a wrap. We discussed other stuff, but rather
than clutter your box... come to our next meeting to
hear about it.

Best,

Will Prescott

William D. Prescott