From:
Chika Anyanwu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:37:32 +1030
Dear Martha,
While I do not reside in the US, my suggestion would be to digitise the
tapes rather than archive them in video format because of the cost of
preservation and perishability of analogue data in this day and age. From my
calculation it will be cheaper to transfer the documents into digital
formats than maintain them under constant atmospheric temperature plus
storage space for 5 year depending on the size. I am facing a similar
problem here with my catalogue of video documentations.
Cheers Chika.

Name: Dr Chika Anyanwu
Department: Media
The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005
Building: Hughes 722B
Ph    : +61 8 8303 5617
Fax   : +61 8 8303 5241
http://virtualafricandiaspora.com/
http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/chika.anyanwu
http://www.adelaide.edu.au/creativeindustries/

CRICOS Provider No. 00123M

Reflection:
Smile is an anti-ageing cream which comes naturally and freely.
It is a self renewable energy with no side effects.
The more we use it the more it multiplies around the world. Try it
today.(Chika 2003)
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No
representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of
viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the
recipient.