From:
Benjamin Ferron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Benjamin Ferron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:03:05 +0200
 DEAR ALL, DEAR ADILSON, DEAR CHICO,

thank you very much for your interest in this project. This worldmap of alternative media
has been launched recently, but is seeking to become soon a reference !

I just wanted to add some details about this work :

  *  First, this map is part of a wider project, called "ALTERNATIVE MEDIA GLOBAL
PROJECT" (AMGP), which actually benefits from the support of the OURMedia Network. The
project became, this summer in Accra, Ghana, during the VIIth OurMedia International
Conference, one of the five working groups of the OURMEDIA network. This project is based
on three axes : a global BIBLIOGRAPHY on alternative media, a global MAP, and a global
CHRONOLOGY. You're very welcome to visit the website of the AMGP :

- in english : http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/[1]
- in spanish : http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/es:start[2]
- in french : http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/fr:start[3]

If you want more details about the project, go to the "PRESENTATION OF THE PROJECT" :

- in english : http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/introduction:presentation_project[4]
- in spanish : http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/es:introduction:presentation_project[5]
- in french : http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/fr:introduction:presentation_project[6]

-------------------------

  * Secondly, I want to stress the fact that the Alternative Media Global Project is not
"Benjamin Ferron's one" nor anybody's one, but belong to its contributors. It has been
founded and is administrated by me, Clemencia Rodriguez and RE Davis (University of
Oklahoma), but the website is a WIKI, which means that people interested in contributing
can get involved, easily and collectively. If you want to contribute to this project, and
add informations or create new pages in the website, please send an email to :
[log in to unmask][7]

  To see the list of the Alternative Media Global Project correspondents all over the
world, please go to : http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/correspondents [8]
-------------------------

  * THIRDLY, CONCERNING THE WORLDMAP OF ALTERNATIVE MEDIA, you have to know that we are
looking for correspondents all over the world. We already have 50 persons working on it
in the 5 continents, but we hope to find much more ! For the moment, we only have Chico
Sant'anna in Brazil, but it would be better to have a real "BRAZILIAN TEAM" (as a French,
I know they can be really good...), working collectively on brazilian alternative media
(bibliography + map + chronology)

  To visit the Worldmap of alternative media, please go to :
http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=fr&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112584705072733905782.000455856e71585b474ef[9]
-------------------------

  Again, thank you for you interest, and I hope we'll have more contributors soon !

  Best wishes

  BENJAMIN FERRON, AMGP's administrator

-------------------------

Pesquisador está construindo mapa sobre a mídia alternativa no mundo

O Atlas da Mídia Alternativa já conta com mais de 30 veículos, da América do Sul, do
Norte, Europa e África. A iniciativa é do doutorando da Universidade de Rennes 1, na
França, Benjamin Ferron.

O responsável por cadastrar os dados dos veículos alternativos brasileiros e dos países
vizinhos é o jornalista Chico Sant’anna.

Chico explica que Ferron já vem desenvolvendo trabalhos sobre a mídia alternativa. A
primeira iniciativa do pesquisador foi disponibilizar na internet uma bibliografia de
trabalhos referentes a este tipo de imprensa. A tese dele é sobre o papel das mídias
alternativas nos processos de autonomia dos territórios Palestinos e de Chiapas, no
México.

Acesse o mapa em construção em
http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=fr&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112584705072733905782.000455856e71585b474ef[10]

Dados sobre mídias alternativas devem ser enviados para o e-mail
[log in to unmask],com o nome do veículo e um breve relato acerca do seu
propósito, seja impresso, rádio, TV e internet.

Hope Gabi´s baby is well by now and can listen to this very interesting news coming from
France!

The Alternative Media Atlas has now more than 30 experiences(vehicles?) coming from South
America, Europe and Asia.

Initiative comes from PhD scholar ar Univ of Rennes I, France, Benjamin Ferron. Site is
available at the link above. Enjoy!

Liens:
------
[1] http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/
[2] http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/es:start
[3] http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/fr:start
[4] http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/introduction:presentation_project
[5] http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/es:introduction:presentation_project
[6] http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/fr:introduction:presentation_project
[8] http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/correspondents
[9]
http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=fr&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112584705072733905782.000455856e71585b474ef
[10]
http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=fr&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112584705072733905782.000455856e71585b474ef
Installez gratuitement les 20 émôticones Windows Live Messenger les plus fous ! Cliquez ici !
http://www.emoticones-messenger.fr/