From:
Donald Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donald Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:16:38 -0500
Gabi:  I would add Canada's CRTC to the mix. There's a robust community
radio sector as well as specific encouragement of indigenous radio and
TV. I agree that the US FCC isn't a good role model, but it isn't
surprising to find the planned regulatory agency dubbed as 'the Japanese
FCC,' since that's what the immediate post WW II regulatory agency in
Japan was called, even tho' Japan isn't a federation!!

All best,  Don