From:
"Burkart, Patrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Burkart, Patrick
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 17:06:52 -0500
Dear OurMedia colleagues,

As co-chairs of the International Association for the Study of Popular Music - US Fair Use Committee, we are pleased to report a new tool for collecting information about problems in fair use of music by educators and researchers.

After researching the current status of fair use of music by educators and researchers, we have designed and published a Web form to survey individuals who have encountered problems with fair use of music recordings, notation and lyrics, in the context of publication, performances, and classroom use.

You can find the survey at its new location, at http://iaspm-us.net/fairuse/ <https://libarts.tamu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://libarts.tamu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://iaspm-us.net/fairuse/>

The survey passed IRB approval at Texas A&M University and the University of Iowa.  The survey will run until the Fair Use Committee has collected a good sample of responses.  We encourage educators and researchers who think they have encountered a fair use problem to submit a response through the form.

Please direct all inquiries to [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,
Patrick Burkart and Kembrew McLeod
Co-chairs, IASPM-US Fair Use Committee