OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Oklahoma Writing Project <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:57:45 -0800
Dear TC's--

This is a call for proposals to present at either of
the two spring conferences for students and teachers.

The elementary conference (grades pre-K through 6)
will be March 27, with Anna Myers presenting in the
general session.  The secondary conference (grades 6
through 12) will be at Oklahoma City University again,
on April 3.

Regarding both conferences, each teacher can bring
five students.  We need presenters for the two morning
sessions.  To present to the students, you could
prepare one of the great writing lessons you probably
already do with your students.  Since the theme of the
anthology is the Oklahoma Centennial, you may want to
tie that in some way.  If you'd rather present your
workshop to teachers or try out a new one, you can
also send me a proposal for that.

If you're interested in prsenting, please just answer
these questions:

Which conference?
Title of Presentation?
Audience?
Program description (50 words or fewer)?
Will you be bringing students to the conference?

If you present, you will receive $150 for your
75-minute presentation and your registration fee will
be waived.   I will not know for sure how many
presenters we'll need until the registration deadline
gives us a head count.

I'll be e-mailing everyone on the listserv a copy of
the registration forms for both conferences.  They are
also on the OWP website.  You can download those for
more information.

These conferences are so delightful.  This one will be
an especially good one because we'll be celebrating
the winners of the Oklahoma Centennial Writing
Contest.  Thanks for your help.

Janis

Janis Cramer
Co-Director of Inservice