From:
Nadya Pittendrigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nadya Pittendrigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:58:09 -0700
Hello, I am writing from the Tamms Year Ten campaign. We are trying to
end human rights abuses at the Tamms Supermax prison and we're hoping
you can join other peace and justice groups in signing and forwarding
this petition to bring humane conditions to the Tamms supermax prison: www.juliehamos.org/tamms

NOTE THAT:
	* Prolonged social isolation causes permanent neurological damage (see last week's "New Yorker":http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/03/30/090330fa_fact_gawande?currentPage=all).
	* This form of punishment has been condemned by the U.N.
	* Last week Amnesty International released a statement last week in support of local efforts to bring humane treatment to Tamms: http://www.amnestyusa.org/document.php?id=ENGAMR510422009&lang=e For more information contact: [log in to unmask] or www.yearten.org

THANK YOU!
Nadya PittendrighTamms Year Ten Volunteer