OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 09:35:30 -0800
Dear OWP TCs--

Shelly Unsicker will be one of our representatives at
the NWP Spring Meeting in Washington DC.  OWP will pay
for another TC to attend with her.  Please let me know
if you're interested in going with Shelly.  One of the
duties will be to meet with our state representatives
in D.C. to lobby for NWP.   It will be a two-year
commitment, because whoever goes with Shelly this year
will go back with another rep next year.  We'll make
the decision at the Saturday governing board meeting.
Thanks.

Janis

2007 NWP Spring Meeting
March 29 - March 30, 2007
Washington Court Hotel
Washington, District of Columbia

Register for the Spring Meeting!
Deadline: March 12, 2007

Join your colleagues in the nation's capital on March
29–30, for the 2007 NWP Spring Meeting. Always an
exciting event, the meeting provides writing project
teachers and leaders an opportunity to share their
classroom successes with members of Congress and with
each other.

Thursday
The event begins Thursday morning, March 29, with a
kickoff meeting on Capitol Hill. Congressional
supporters of the NWP are scheduled to speak and
participants will learn the latest data on writing
project programs. The afternoon is set aside for
visits to the offices of senators and
representatives—participants’ chance to talk about the
work of the writing project and the impact it has on
teachers and students. The day closes with a reception
at the Smithsonian, a chance to mix and mingle with
writing project colleagues from around the country.

Friday
The meeting continues on Friday at the Washington
Court Hotel, with keynote speaker Patricia Lambert
Stock, professor emerita, Michigan State University;
visiting professor, University of Maryland, College
Park; and co-founder of the Red Cedar Writing Project
(Michigan). The keynote will be followed by roundtable
discussions on the latest issues that writing project
teachers face today.

Read more at NWP website.

http://www.writingproject.org/cs/nwpp/print/nwp_e/179

Janis