OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janise McIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janise McIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:03:13 -0500
Janis,
Thank you so much for the kind words. I have the finals interview on
September 1- wish me luck. OWP is the single most important
professional development experience I have ever been involved in! It
has impacted the way I teach on a daily basis. I do a mini writing
project with my students (that I am expanding this year) and I am in
the process of replicating the "Rainy Mountain" writing marathon with
my students and a social studies teacher who knows where the actual
rainy mountain is. I thought it was Mt. Scott- that is why I'm taking
her (and her students too).  Also, my friend Angie Morris who teaches
at Walters High School, who I brought with me to the marathon in the
spring, took her students to Mt. Scott and Medicine Park for a writing
experience.  I'm hoping she will attend the next summer institute. OWP
is so important and I can't say enough great things about it. Anyway,
thanks so much for thinking of me.
Have a great day!
Janise

Christina Janise McIntyre, PhD