TEATRO-L Archives

COLOQUIO: TEATRO DE LOS SIGLOS DE ORO

TEATRO-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Lauer, A Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lauer, A Robert
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 19:02:28 +0000
From: Carolyn Nadeau [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2010 3:18 PM
To: Lauer, A Robert
Subject: Fwd: Don Luis Leal: 102 años ,4 meses, 8  días.

A few years ago my colleague, Mauricio Parra, and
don Luis collaborated on a bilingual edition of
mitos y leyendas de Mexico
http://mitosyleyendas.weebly.com/ . It contains
legends and narrations that don Luis recreated as
well as impressive illustrations by Álvaro
Ángeles Suman. For those privileged to know don
Luis, I thought you might be interested in a copy
of his work. I hope this suggestion is not
interpreted as disrespectful to his memory. All
donations for the book go into a scholarship fund
in don Luis's name to support undergraduates who
major in Hispanic Studies. When Mauricio told him
how proceeds were being used, don Luis was
humbled.   By all counts he was a wonderful human
being who will be missed by all who knew him.
Respectfully, Carolyn Nadeau