OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:12:47 -0800
Dear TC's--

Below is the letter I've e-mailed to school
administrators in Oklahoma.  We have also mailed out
300 invitations.  The Showcase of Inservice is
scheduled for March 6 (Tuesday morning) from 9 to
11:30.  We need five or six TCs to present 7-minute
snippets of their presentations.  We also need one or
two to conduct a quickwrite or to read from their
portfolios.  We can't pay you to come, but you will
get a free breakfast out of it.

If your principal would allow you to come that
morning, or better yet come with you, please let me
know right away.  I need to begin work on the program.

If you have questions, let me know.  Please click on
this address to respond; otherwise, your message will
go out over the listserv:

Thank you.

Janis

E-Mail Message:

Dear Superintendent, Principal, or Staff Development
Chairperson:

Oklahoma Writing Project is hosting a brunch and
showcase of in-service Tuesday, March 6 in the
Heritage Room of Memorial Student Union on the campus
of the University of Oklahoma in Norman.  The event is
free, except for what you will spend on parking.

Oklahoma Writing Project, as all National Writing
Project sites, focuses on the core mission of
improving the teaching of writing and the use of
writing across the disciplines by offering
high-quality professional development programs for
educators in their service areas, K–16 and across the
curriculum.  All our presenters are Oklahoma classroom
teachers, including 34 who are National Board
Certified.

We invite you to be our guest as we show you snippets
of several of the staff development workshops OWP has
to offer your schools and districts.  If you can not
come yourself, we urge you to forward this message to
another representative from your school or district.

Furthermore, OWP is currently recruiting high-quality
teachers for our Summer Institute.  These teachers
will receive six free hours of graduate credit from
the OU if they participate in the Summer Institute in
June and will become OWP Teacher Consultants.  We
would appreciate your recommending your best teachers
to us for this scholarship.  Application deadline is
March 26.

Attached is a brochure about the Showcase of Inservice
and a brochure about the Summer Institute.  Please
visit our website for more information.

http://www.ou.edu/special/owp/

If you can not view the downloads, please e-mail me
your address, and I will make sure you receive an
invitation in the mail.

To reserve your place at the brunch and Showcase, just
driving instructions when we hear back from you. We
hope to meet you on March 6 at OU.

Sincerely,

Janis Cramer
Co-Director of In-Service