OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:09:45 -0700
Dear OWP TC's--

OWP is pleased to announce that N. Scott Momaday,
Oklahoma's Centennial Poet Laureate, will be the guest
speaker for the general session at the OWP “Write To
Win”
Centennial Writing Conference for Students and
Teachers
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Meinder’s School of Business, Oklahoma City University

We will need several break-out sessions for students
and teachers focusing on the genres of the Centennial
Writing contest.  Julie Lesko-Bishop will present on
interviews.  Sonia Gensler will present on flash
fiction.  Vivian Nida will present on writing with
art.  We'll need more presentations on poetry,
personal narrative, short story, essay--all related to
Oklahoma themes.  If you've already told me you'll
present, please remind me.  Please read over the
genres for the writing contest to help you decide on
your topic.

Please e-mail me the title of your workshop and a
program description of no more than 50 words.  Please
let me know who your audience should be--middle school
students, high school students, or teachers.

This year’s focus will be the Oklahoma Centennial.
Each teacher may bring 5 students to the conference,
grades 6-12.  (Sorry, space limits us to no more than
5.)  Parents and student teachers are welcome, too.
Register soon.  There are only 225 seats available.

For elementary teachers, a separate conference for
elementary students only is being held at the Oklahoma
City Zoo October 30, also focusing on the Centennial
theme.

You can download information about both conferences
and the Centennial Writing Contest at the OWP website.
 We should have a colorful brochure of the November 1
conference you can print within a couple of days.

Janis

Janis Cramer
Co-Director of Inservice
Oklahoma Writing Project