OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:29:03 -0800
Dear TC's--

We are looking for TCs outside the OKC metro area to
coordinate a Saturday conference for Special Education
Teachers at a venue in your area--maybe a career tech
center, a library, your school, or classrooms at a
university.

We'd like to host four to six of these Saturday
conferences at various sites across the state like we
did last year, during February, March, or April.
We're focusing on southern Oklahoma--both east and
west, so that could be Stigler, McAlester, Ardmore,
Lawton, Weatherford, Shawnee, Clinton, Altus, Lone
Wolf.

As coordinator, you would need to find the venue (we
would need four classrooms), be in contact with me
about pre-registration, provide the presenters with
what they need (AV material, etc), provide light
refreshments (pastries and coffee), and take care of
registration.  We would pay you $250 for coordinating
the conference.  You do not have to present, but if
you'd like to, you could present in the afternoon
session.

I'll be in charge of finding the presenters.   We'll
need one each for math, science, social studies, and
language arts.  We'll have 4 three-hour sessions in
the morning and four in the afternoon.

If you have an idea of where we can host a conference
and are interested in serving as coordinator, please
contact me right away.

Thanks.

Janis

Janis Cramer