OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:57:34 -0700
Teacher Consultants:

The contract with the State Department of Education is
in the process of being approved.  Our first
conference for Special Education teachers will
probably be November 8, either at Moore or Putnam
City.  This will be followed by conferences at
different locations across the state in January,
February, March, June, and October of 2009.

Oklahoma's special ed teachers need several hours of
inservice to become "highly qualified" in their core
subjects.  We still need presenters for 3-hour
workshops in math, science, social studies, and
language arts.  OWP presenters will earn $375 for each
3-hour workshop, plus 58 cents per mile for travel.

Your workshop does not have to be the exact one you
presented in the Summer Institute but should include
learning activities appropriate for secondary special
education students.  Elementary teachers may present
as well as secondary teachers.  In a three-hour
workshop, you should also plan to give teachers quite
a bit of time to work and collaborate, write and
reflect on the lessons.

Even if you haven't presented for OWP except for your
Summer Institute follow-up, I encourage you to give
this a try.  I'll be glad to help you with planning or
expanding your workshop if you need me.

Thanks for your help with this important project.

Janis

Janis Cramer
Co-Director of Inservice
Oklahoma Writing Project