OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Oklahoma Writing Project <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:25:27 -0700
BULLETIN FOR OWP TEACHER CONSULTANTS

UPCOMING OWP CONFERENCES

2008 OWP Summer Institute Class Presents
Not one but TWO
OWP Drive-In Conferences at Sarkeys Energy Center, OU
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Saturday, Ocrtober 25, 2008

Please go to the OWP website to download the program and registration form.
www.ou.edu/special/owp

Please print copies of the program for your teachers' lounge and make copies of the registration form for them to fill out. We have workshops for all grade levels and subject areas. All OWP TC;s may participate for free.  Bring teachers with you, especially any you are trying to recruit for the 2009 Summer Institute.  We have 17 outstanding workshops to choose from this year.

ALSO

OWP 2008 Write To Win Conferences for Students and Teachers

Elementary Conference
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
JD McCarty Center, Norman

Secondary Conference
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Meinder's School of Business, Oklahoma City University

WE NEED PRESENTERS for both conferences, for teachers as well as students.  The theme is "Write To Win," so we will be needing workshops to  get students started on all the genres of our 2009 writing contest:  poetry, short story, personal narrative, essay, descriptive paragraph.

Presenters will receive $125 for a 75-minute presentation, and your registration fee will be waived.   If you would like to give a presentation for either of these conferences, please e-mail me:

Your name:
Conference:  Elementary or Secondary
Title of your presentation:
Intended Audience: Teachers or Students / Grade Level
Program Description (50-75 words)

Remember that even if you don't want to present, we still encourage you to bring 5 students with you to one of these conferences.  Bring another teacher or two, each with their 5 students.  If you've never attended one of these conferences, you will be amazed at how much they (and you) will learn about writing in one day.

Oklahoma Writing Project is now planning six conferences for Special Education teachers for the upcoming year.  We are the facilitators of a grant from the Special Ed department of the State Department of Education.

The first CONFERENCE FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS will be November 6 at the Putnam City Academy.   The second one will be January 10 at Silo (near Durant).  The third one will be February 14 at ECU in Ada.  For those of you who have already sent me your proposals, I will be giving you the tentative workshop schedule within the next week to see if you're available to present.  We have other conferences planned for June, July, and October, 2009.

Details about the conferences will be on the OWP website soon.  Please let special ed teachers in your school know about these opportunities to become "highly qualified" under NCLB.

If you would like to be added to the list of potential presenters for the Special Ed conferences (you would make $375 for a 3-hour presentation), it's not too late to send me the same information requested above.

We have an exciting year of continuity activities planned for OWP.  Please recapture the joy of your summer institute by participating in these events.

Janis Cramer
Co-Director of Inservice
Oklahoma Writing Project
"Teachers Teaching Teachers"