OUARC-L Archives

Alpha Sigma Delta Radio Society

OUARC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OU Amateur Radio Club <[log in to unmask]>, Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:31:01 -0500
Yes, there are some.  Ask Carey, N5RM.  :-)

Had a good meeting last night.  Turnout was somewhat depressed because,
apparently, the Physic Department decided to hold some sort of exam on a
club meeting night.  The nerve.

Anyway, those of us there had a good time, plus we got one new dues-paid
member (hint, hint) and we have two more studying for their license.  Small
crowd, good results.

While shooting the ... breeze up in the radio room, the topic of
scholarships came up and that reminded me that I needed to post this info.
  I'll get it on the FB page as well.

That I know of, there are two pools of ham radio scholarship available.  If
you know of others, speak up!

The Foundation for Amateur Radio, a council of clubs in the Mid Atlantic
region (W3s and W4s!) is one of the groups  Last year, they awarded just
under 40 scholarships to hams.  Fill out their application and who knows,
you might get a little money.

http://www.farweb.org/

The other group is the ARRL Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit incorporated
seperately from the ARRL.  Looking at their finacial report, the ARRL
Foundation gave out over $170,000 in scholarship monies to about 70
amateurs.  Again, fill out their application - you might get lucky.

http://www.arrl.org/scholarship-program

I have no idea how many of you might qualify but I do know that if you do
not fill out the forms, you will DEFINITELY not get a scholarship!

Ask Carey if it's worth the paperwork.  :-)

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
College of Architecture, Regional and City Planning, MRCP '16