OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 12:37:46 -0800
Dear OWP Teacher Consultants--

I have already sent this message to TCs who've
indicated they want to participate in the conferences
for special education teachers.  However, I want to
open it up to others.  Even though the workshops are
geared primarily to secondary special ed teachers,
some of you elementary teachers may be able to adapt
your presentations on science, math, or social studies
for secondary special ed teachers.  If so, please
e-mail me back so that I can include you in our
meeting Saturday morning.

The planning meeting for the special education
conferences will be held this Saturday morning,
November 11, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 129 of
Collings Hall.  We'll have warm Krispy Kremes, coffee,
and juice waiting for you.

I have heard back from 16 of you--9 have said you can
come, although I hope to hear from more of you.  We
will begin with a quickwrite and share; then we'll
hear some advice from our special ed teacher
consultants on how to make our presentations meet the
needs of special education students.  Please bring
your packet with you.  You'll have a chance to go over
it in a small group then have some time to work on an
outline to turn it into a 3-hour workshop.

Because Saturday evening is a home game for OU, you
may be asked to pay for parking in the Collings Hall
parking lot.  If so, please tell the parking attendant
you're just attending a meeting and expect to have
your money back when you leave.

Let me know if you have questions or concerns.  If you
haven't told me you can be there, please e-mail.  I
want to be sure to buy enough Krispy Kremes!

I hope Alan Logan from the state department will be
able to join us; if not, I hope he at least has a
schedule for us for the upcoming conferences by that
time.  I'm proud that OWP can help Oklahoma special ed
teachers become highly qualified.

Janis

Janis Cramer
Co-Director of Inservice