OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:13:59 -0700
Claudia Swisher
Reporting on the first two National Board meetings of
2006-07

Our OWP-OU group has been so successful that we are
now our own ELO Region in the state. Doesn't change
anything I've done, just a new title!

The first meeting we had 51 people--39 candidates, 10
mentors, and 2 visitors. The second, we had 60 total,
with 16 mentors. I'm still desperate for mentors. This
is a problem across the state: NBCTs are not attending
the support meetings.

The professional development focus of the first
meetings was the ethical issues of NB, getting
started, and how to help your mentors help you.

Julie Wilhite, new TC from the 06 SI, is a candidate
this year.

I assembled and sent a mentor's packet to all the
NBCTs in my list, trying to reassure and encourage
participation. Other Regional Coordinators around the
state are using the packet with their mentors also.

Our group continues to be one of the largest and most
successful in the state. But I need more mentors to
help the candidates!

We have two meetings scheduled each month until March.
If you're interested, I can send you the schedule and
the packet. Just let me know!

Claudia

Claudia Swisher

Norman North High School

National Board Certified Teacher 2000

ELO Regional Coordinator, National Board

E-Team, National Writing Project