OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:55:07 -0700
OWP TC's--

Yesterday I found out that we will need two 3-hour
elementary workshops at each of the Special Ed
conferences, so any of you interested in presenting
should send me the title of your presentation and a
program description.  You can focus on reading and
writing, or, even better, also include writing across
the curriculum.  You would make $375 for each 3-hour
presentation.

The other six workshops will be for secondary special
ed teachers.  We still need more presenters for
science and math, although I also found out that there
will be only one science workshop and one math
workshop each day, rather than two.  So, the way it's
set up is that each of the 6 Saturdays, we will offer
four 3-hour workshops in the morning on language arts,
social studies, math, and elementary; in the afternoon
four 3-hour workshops on language arts, social
studies, science, and elementary.

OWP's months are November, January, February, March,
and June. The September date was cancelled because the
proposal has not gone through the red tape at the
State Department yet.   I have found venues for the
first three.  November 8 will be in Putnam City (still
not officially approved); January 10 will be in the
little town of Silo, near Durant on Highway 75.
February 14 will be at East Central University.  I'm
still looking for venus for the other conferences,
hopefully in southwestern Oklahoma.

Thanks so much for offering your help with these
conferences.  I will try to give everyone who wants to
present a chance to do at least one workshop.  NWP is
so proud of our collaboration on the project with
OSUWP and the state department that they've asked us
to present a workshop at the NWP conference in San
Antonio in November on how we put it all together.

I'll be back in touch with all who respond.

Janis

Janis Cramer
Co-Director of Inservice
Oklahoma Writing Project