ARTHISTORY-L Archives

Art History Association

ARTHISTORY-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Stephanie Huey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:21:33 -0600
Hi guys!

This is just a quick note to let you that the first Art History Association activity will be the Oklahoma Conference of Art Historians on February 11th, 2006. This will be a wonderful opportunity to hear presentations from universities all around the state covering a range of topics!

 In addition, we will have a keynote speaker, Marilyn Gridley, giving a lecture on "Pagodas and the Art of Power" at 1:30pm. All of this will take place in the Mary Eddy and Fred Jones auditorium of the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art, lower level.

Cost for the day is $5 for students and $10 for faculty/public. Attendees will not be charged admission to the museum. You can also purchase a WONDERFUL catered lunch (gourmet sandwich bar, Italian green salad, German potato salad, brownies and lemon bars) for an additional $7 - this can be paid for at the door.   The cost of the conference also includes coffees and pastries from Panera Bread Co. in the morning. (I set up the catering...so you better like it all!!! :o)

If you can't make it for the entire conference, please feel free to stop in and hear our keynote speaker at 1:30pm for no charge. She will be worth it!

If you know that you will be attending, please RSVP your name and any guests you may bring by replying to me at [log in to unmask] or to Allison Palmer at  [log in to unmask] This would be a great help to us.

Attached to this email should be the conference schedule as well as a flier for our keynote speaker, let me know if you have any questions!

-Stephanie Huey