ARTHISTORY-L Archives

Art History Association

ARTHISTORY-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Stephanie Huey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:49:37 -0600
Hey guys,

Hooray for Art History Association news!

We  will be attending the Oklahoma Conference of Art Historians in Stillwater on Saturday, April 2nd this year. Many of our awesome graduate students will be presenting papers and they need your support! The conference will begin at 8:30am on the OSU campus and conclude around 3 or 4pm.  All interested parties should sign-up on the door of Fred Jones rm 203, or simply email me your name. We will then be meeting in the S.E. corner of Lloyd Noble across from the Weather Center (where you can park your car for free all day) and carpooling to Stillwater at 7am. Yes, that's right, 7am. I know. BUT, it should be a fun day, it's free, and you get to learn! So sign yourself up (and an unwitting friend)!

In addition to this fantastic conference, we will also be holding our own student symposium on Thursday, April 21st. We are accepting one page abstracts on any aspect of art historical research - from any student- for a 10-15 minute presentation. Abstracts are due to Dr. Allison Palmer's mailbox or to myself by April 8th, and accepted presenters will be notified by April 12th. This is a great opportunity to practice your sholarly presentation skills, as well as add something nice to your resume - and  all in a friendly environment! You can't lose!

If you have questions about any of this, please don't hesitate to call or email anytime.

Thanks!
Stephanie Huey
President, A.Hi. Asc.
405-255-5696