DESIGNLEARNING-L Archives

For college professors globally, to dialogue about course design.

DESIGNLEARNING-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Karen Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:51:52 -0400
Colleagues,

I am new to the list so please forgive if this question has been posed before.

I have used the Taxonomy and course design method for several years now. I am an education professor. This year I will be teaching a new course for undergraduate teacher education students who will be teaching at the high school level. The course is one on planning and classroom management.  I have a text for the classroom management part, but not for the planning section. I am thinking about using the Creating Significant Learning Experiences book by Dr. Fink. While this book is specifically about college teaching, teaching at the high school level is very close in many ways. They do have a little less freedom in their teaching – they have objectives that the state requires them to meet, they don't get to choose their textbooks, they have a wider range of abilities in some classes, especially if they teach lower level courses. However they do still have to plan their course activities and assessments. So my question is: has anyone used the book as a text?

If you would like you can e-mail directly at

Thank you,
Dr. Karen Milligan, Associate Professor
Box 71874
Carson-Newman College