DESIGNLEARNING-L Archives

For college professors globally, to dialogue about course design.

DESIGNLEARNING-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Dee Fink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2012 09:18:31 -0600
Hello to everyone on the "Design Learning" listserv!

Below is a notice that I am sending out to various groups, including you,
about my online short-course (8 weeks) on course design.
      Thought it might be helpful for everyone here to know about it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Greetings!  Do you…

*Want to see your faculty take their teaching to the next level??*

Or

*Want to “gear yourself up” to offer a workshop on “Course Design”??*

* *

Here is a way you can do just that!

During the past two years, I have put together an *online short
course*that enables faculty members – in any institution, in any
country – to
intentionally design significant learning into their courses.  When they
design their courses in a learning-centered way, it leads to *greater
student engagement* and *much better student learning*!

Faculty who have taken this course have made the following comments about
it:

* “As the Nike ad says: ‘just do it’.  It will change your perspective
about course development, management and assessment in ways you would never
dream of.”*

* “Though I had dealt with the basics of ICD [Integrated Course Design]
prior to taking the course, this course really solidified my understanding
of ICD and particularly how it is implemented in terms of scheduling units
and work in classes.”*

* *

*“I strongly recommend the course, particularly because the feedback from
the teacher and others in the course is so valuable in the design process.”*

You can find more information about this online course at:
www.deefinkandassociates.com/index.php/onlinecourse/

Note:

   - We offer an institutional discount if you have multiple enrollments.
   - Or you may want to enroll one to three people, so they can “test the
   waters.”

·         *Next Two Starting Dates:  *

Ø  *Early January 2013*

Ø  *Early June 2013*

Let me know if you have any questions.

       We would love to work with some of your faculty on learning-centered
course design!

***********************
L. Dee Fink
234 Foreman Ave.
Norman, OK  73069
Phone/FAX:  405-364-6464
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Websites:
        www.designlearning.org   [multiple resources on course design]
        www.deefinkandassociates.com   [offer workshops & online courses]
        www.finkconsulting.info  [Fink's consulting activities &
publications]

**Former President of the POD Network in Higher Education (2004-2005)
**Author of: *Creating Significant Learning Experiences* (2003, Jossey-Bass)
**National Project Director:  Teaching & Curriculum Improvement (TCI)
Project
**Senior Associate, Dee Fink & Associates Consulting Services