HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Clint Givens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clint Givens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:58:54 -0600
apologies for taking so loooong.

1.  We still have some OU Habitat t-shirts for sale: only $8 for these
svelte reddish shirts.  Hurry!  Get yours today!  While supplies last!
 Sunday Sunday Someday!

2.  Elections are fast approaching, so this is a great time to get
involved in exec if you think you might be interested.  Active members
can run for office or, if you are so inclined, apply for one of the
appointed chairs (Service, Social, Event, etc.).  By "apply" I mean
"tell somebody on exec you'd like to be appointed."

3.  Are you ready for some PANCAKE BREAKFAST!?  McFarlin Methodist is
having one from 7-11am on Saturday, April 23 (which means I'll be
getting there at appx. 10:47).  Tickets are $4 and if you buy from us,
that $4 goes straight to OU Habitat!  Hooray!  That is all-you-can-eat
pancakes, sausage, bacon, juice, coffee, milk.  Hooray!

4.  Sadly, we have (probably) (finally) sold off the three Kaplan
courses that Kaplan donated to us.  If you are still interested, email
me (Clint, [log in to unmask]) and I can put you on a waiting list in case
someone changes his or her mind and drops out.

5.  OU Habitat is looking at sponsoring a 5-10K run as a fundraiser
this year.  If you have any experience/suggestions about that, email
us and let us know what you think ([log in to unmask]).  The most helpful
person wins a $250 cash prize!*

*not actually true

6.  If you signed up to help with BIG EVENT, you must (re-)register in
the OMU ballroom either today (Wednesday) before 4pm, or tomorrow
(Thursday), 9am-4pm.  THIS IS EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SIGNED UP ON A
LIST WITH US.  YOU MUST (RE-)REGISTER IN PERSON IN THE BALLROOM.  Also
you'll get your shirt there.  Hooray!  The Big Event = this Saturday,
April 2.

7.  Act, Speak, Build Week (previously "Habi-Fest") is a national week
of advocacy for Habitat for Humanity scheduled this year for April
4-10.  We will be chalking up the campus with poverty stats on Sunday
at 5:30--meet at Bizzell.  The more people can come, the
quicker/better/awesomer it will be.  That's this Sunday!  If you have
any other great ideas, email Steph ([log in to unmask]) and we'll see
about it all.  Hooray!

That's all.

Clint Givens
Secretary, OUHFH