HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Mike Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
HABITAT-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:45:02 -0600
Hello,
The 1999 Walk for Habitat is just a week away!  If you want to walk but
haven't gotten sponsors yet, it's not too late!  You can download a copy
of the pledge form from www.ou.edu/habitat (click on "1999 Walk for
Habitat").

To add a bit of excitement, we have several incentives for the walkers.
Any walker who collects over $50 in pledges will recieve a FREE Habitat
t-shirt, AND, we will be awarding CASH PRIZES in the categories "Most
Dollars Pledged" and "Greatest Number of Pledges".  The prize amounts
for each category are: 1st Place-- $50, 2nd Place--$25, 3-5th Place:
$10.  Any OU student is eligible to compete for the cash prizes.  Any
walker may recieve a t-shirt.  One student has already collected over
$500 from 10 sponsors, so don't wait to start getting pledges.
The walk will be held this Saturday, January 30th at 11:00 AM.
Registration begins at 10:30 (be sure to register so you get your
t-shirt!).  We will be walking from the North Oval of the OU campus
(Boyd and University) to the building site at 611 E. Commanche.
Following the walk at 12:00 we will have a ground-breaking ceremony at
the building site.

I hope to see all of you there!

Mike Schneider