HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Ross.A.Nelson-1" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
HABITAT-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 04 Sep 1998 02:38:27 -0500
Hey everyone,
	My name is Holli Myers, and I'm the new Fundraising Chair for Habitat.
We've come up with several great ideas to raise money for Habitat, and
we need lots of help so we can have a successful year.
	First, the Norman Chapter has given us the opportunity to build our own
house this year, but we have to raise $25,000 in order to do that.  It
may seem like a lot, but it won't be difficult if we have enough people
helping out.  Keep in mind that not all of the activities that we do
will require a lot of time, and not everyone has to help at every
activity.  However, if you do sign up to participate, please do your
very best to follow through.  I will be giving you plenty of notice so
that shouldn't be a major problem.
	 I know everyone's schedule is very hectic, so I will be planning out
the fundraising activities for the year within the next week or so.  I
will send out the specific dates as soon as possible so everyone can
mark it on their calendars.  If a date conflicts with enough people, we
can change it.  I want to make it easy for those who want to
participate.
	I am forming my fundraising committee, and I would like about 10
people.  We will be having meetings about 2 times a month, and dates and
times can be very flexible considering the small amount of people.  The
committee will be in charge of organizing all of the fundraising
activities.  If anyone is interested,  email ([log in to unmask]) or call me
(579-4092) if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Holli Myers