HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
OU Habitat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
habitat-l <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:32:22 -0500
Hello all,

Well this semester is coming to an end; so, there are some important things we need to go over, especially since the build is coming up next semester.  First, many of you are wondering how the build is going to work, how you're going to sign-up, etc.  The sign-up will be handeled next semester, but don't worry, we have lists of all organizations and student teams that have participated.  The construction science department has agreed to help oversee the build, and it will be held at the actual site, which is still in Norman.

Plus this leads into my next point, there is still plenty of time to help fundraise and get in line for the build!  Our last game-day paint can fundraiser is THIS SATURDAY! for the Baylor game, and we need all the volunteers we can get.  If you or a group wants to help out, drop of a xerox copy of our student ID or driver's license in Box 225 in the Union next to the UOSA offices by 3pm Friday.  Then meet us at 9 in the morning at Habitat, located at 1835 Industrial Blvd.  We usually only go a couple hours, and we make sure nobody misses the game.  This is a great opportunity to help raise money and for us to get to know you.  Plus, there's nothing better than the feeling of knowing that you just raised hundreds of dollars in a couple hours.  So, please, especially if you have not tried out this event, get yourself and some of your friends to come out this Saturday.

The money for evening of giving ticket sale money is due by Nov 22.  So don't forget to drop off your money in Box 225 for all those who signed up with Kelly.  For all those who still want to sell tickets, you need to contact Kelly at 469-569-4411.

And what about future fundraisers?

We need people who are willing to help plan the following:  Habitat golf-tournament, auction, and grant writing.  This is another good way to get further involved with Habitat and to have a direct hand in helping a Norman family.  Currently, we have an OU basketball signed by our basketball team, but we could use more stuff like this, along with an entire gala event to auction it all off.  Golf tournaments are another great way to make tons of money and earn publicity for our organization.  Grants are the less glamorous back-bone of any non-profit organization, but can really reel in the cash.  If you are interested in any of these areas, then please come to our meeting 8:30 pm, Thursday, Nov 20th.  It will be at my apartment, which is Kraetli 310 D.  It's easy to find.  The Kraetli apartments are located across from Lloyd Noble.  If you are heading on Imhoff, just turn on Wadsack drive, which is right next to the Baseball Stadium.  Kraetli 310 D will be the very first buildi
 ng and the very first door!  I'm located across from the day-care.  Still not enough, than call me at 664-3293 for directions.  This meeting will crystalize these committees and serve as an important brainstorming session.  We'll have food too!!!

That's it for now.  Please consider joining one of these fundraising committees, game-day paintcans, or both.  Thanks.

-Nathan, OU Chapter President

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Search Smarter - get the new eXact Search Bar for free!
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/