HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Mike Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
HABITAT-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 03 Feb 1999 18:43:33 -0600
OU Habitat is looking for enthusiastic, energetic OU students and
faculty to serve on the OU Habitat Board of Directors.  The board
consists of 5-10 OU students and faculty, and we meet the first Monday
of each month at 5:15, rain or shine.

Board members are asked to make a 1-2 semester comittment.  The only
necessary requirement is a willingness to attend one meeting a month,
and a committment to helping Habitat's mission of ending poverty
housing.  Typically board members are also assigned positions such as
volunteer coordinator, fundraising coordinator, etc.  We will work with
you to find a position that matches your skills.  You do not need any
type of construction experience, but good organization, the ability to
take initiative, and leadership skills are a definite plus!

If you would like to take part in this rewarding experience (which, by
the way, looks great on a resume), please contact Mike Schneider at
[log in to unmask] or 325-9566.  People of all backgrounds and exprience
levels are encouraged to apply; including undergraduates, graduates,
faculty, and staff.  (Or, if you know someone who might be interested,
pass this message along.)