HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:30:41 -0500
Okay, for everyone that is interested and willing to offer a hand.  This event is going to be November 19th from 1:00pm-6:00pm at Bass Pro Shop in Oklahoma City.  It's going to be an ergathon (with rowing machines) hosted by OU Crew.  We're looking for two types of volunteers.

The first thing we're going to want to do is publicize this like mad so anyone that is willing to help out by forwarding the ads we'll be sending out in the future and telling family/friends will be greatly appreciated.  Also, we're looking to do a mass mail campaign so if you could share the mailing addresses of anybody you know that you think may be interested, that would be great.  Just email us back.

The other type of help we could use is actual rowers.  Habitat for Humanity members are free to find their own sponsors and row for as long as they can and any money they raise will be given 100% to OU Habitat.  So, if you're in pretty good shape and extremely dedicated to fighting poverty housing (...or you just want to show off), let us know and we'll make a place for you.  Right now, Evan and I are both going to be gearing up so you won't be alone.

They've done this event at other schools and it's huge and fun.  So, hopefully with everyone's help, we can do the same here.  Thanks.

-Patrick