HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:55:05 -0500
Everyone that came out this year and participated in Shack-a-Thon,
thank you so much!  It was a great success, and although we won't know how
much money was raised for another week or two, we definitely made our
presence known on campus!  It's events like these that remind people how
much work still needs to be done in the world and that helping people
can be amazingly fun sometimes!  I hope everyone that did Shack-a-Thon
this year will continue to participate in it and other charitable
activities in the future.

Although every single group was essential to the success of this year's
Shack-a-Thon, I would like to specially thank the Brothers of Phi Sigma
Pi National Honor Fraternity.  They had seven members out working for
several hours after their shack had already been torn down, and thanks
to their help, we were not charged anything by the OU Physical Plant for
trash pick-up this year!  Thanks guys.

Sincerely,

Patrick Neville
Shack-a-Thon Chair

PS-We will be getting in contact with the groups that were nominated
for the golden hammers shortly!
PPS-A silver jacket with numerous patches from around the United States
went missing Thursday morning of the event.  If anyone picked this up
by mistake, it's owner would be extremely grateful to have it returned.
Thanks.