HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Clint Givens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clint Givens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:49:22 -0600
Tonight, Fazoli's is giving 10% of profits to OU Habitat from anyone
who comes in and tells them they're with OU Habitat.  So, we'd love to
have a ton of people show up tonight!  Just mention you're with OU
Habitat when you make your order, and we'll get free money.  It's as
easy as that!  So grab some friends and get some Italian tonight.
Their breadsticks are awesome.

Same thing Monday with McAlister's--so bring your Valentine (or a
bunch of sad, single friends) and get some potatoes or sandwiches or
that type of thing, and we'll get 10%.

Without further ado, the minutes from our Tuesday meeting.  Especially
check out #4 and #5.

1.  OU Habitat t-shirts remain on sale for a mere $8.  They're red and
cool and email [log in to unmask] if you want one.

2.  Kaplan Test Prep has graciously donated three classroom courses in
any standardized test to OU Habitat!  You pay the money to us, and we
keep 100% of it to help build the Velasco home and future houses for
low-income families!  If you or someone you know is planning on taking
a course with Kaplan soon, talk to us and we will give you a $200
discount.  Email me, [log in to unmask]

3.  Spring fundraisers--any ideas?  Possibilities include 5K/10K run,
car wash(es), collecting donations at UPB movies, speaking to local
churches and student groups, and any others you can think of.  If you
have suggestions for these or other fundraisers, email [log in to unmask]

4.  Our next general member's build date will be Saturday, March 5, so
mark your calendars!  Sign-ups will be passed around at the next
members meeting which, incidentally, is Tuesday, February 22, 7:30pm,
Frontier Room.

5.  Some of you will recall the hayride attempt that was foiled last
semester due to inclement weather.  Well, say hello to Hayride v2.0!
Friday, February 25th, meet at 6:45pm at the SE corner of Lloyd Noble
Center to carpool over to Lake Thunderbird.  Cost is $6, and we
encourage you to bring friends--everyone is welcome!

6.  We will be chalking for the Feb. 22 meeting on Sunday, Feb. 20, at
5pm.  Meet in front of Bizzell statue on the south oval.  This should
only take 20-30 minutes, and the more people, the shorter!

That's all for now.  COME TO FAZOLI'S TONIGHT!!

-Clint Givens
Secretary, OU Habitat