HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 14:51:43 -0500
Hey guys!

A big thank you to all those who turned out for our first member meeting of the semester on Tuesday! It was great to see such a packed house. For those who missed the first meeting and for those who signed up for a committee, we will be meeting at 8pm this coming Tuesday (September 7th) in the Crimson room again (the bigger rooms were booked, sorry). Clint, our faithful secretary will soon be sending out the minutes from the August 31st meeting, but unti then, here is a brief recap:

SHACK-A-THON is coming!! This year it is on September 22nd and 23rd, and as far as we know, is the only opportunity on campus for students to build "shacks" out of cardboard and spend the night on the South Oval while simultaneously raising money for a great cause! Registration forms will be available on September 7th, and we will also be having informational meetings about Shack-a-Thon at 8pm on Wednesday and Thursday (September 8th and 9th) in the Crimson room. Come to one of these if you need a registration form or just have questions about Shack-a-Thon. Email Neda at [log in to unmask] for more info.

Our first PAINT CAN fundraiser is going to be Saturday, September 11th at the Houston football game. Participants will meet in the south west corner of Lloyd Noble at 1pm to get street assignments and collect donations for Habitat from game traffic. (You'll still make the game). Email Clint at [log in to unmask] to sign up.

PUBLICITY WEEK this year is September 14th and 15th (Tuesday and Wednesday). Email Scott at [log in to unmask] to sign up for a time to man the Habitat booth! You don't need to be an experienced Habitat-er, as there will be an exec member present throughout to help.

That's it for sign-ups right now, but watch for meeting minutes and Shack-a-Thon registration forms coming your way!

Stephanie Huey
President, OU Habitat
405-255-5696