HABITAT-L Archives

habitat-l

HABITAT-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:52:56 -0600
Hey guys,

In case you couldn't make it to the meeting last night, here is what we discussed:

*OU Habitat tshirts on sale for $8 - get yours today!

*This Friday Habitat will be co-opping with UPB to sponsor the showings of Lemony Snicket. We will sit outside of Meacham at the 7pm, 10pm and 12am showings and collect donations to Habitat. This is very easy work- all you have to do is sit at the table and watch the money come in! You can volunteer to sit at the table for the 20 minutes preceeding each show, or you can just come and bring some friends!

*We still have 2 MCAT or LSAT courses for sale! Once again, you get a $200 discount and Kaplan donates the money to Habitat.

*We will also be participating in Big Event this year. We won't know what we will be doing until just before the day, but if you'd like to particpate, email us your Name, Email address, and Student ID. Big Event is April 2nd, we need all names in by March 8th. This event is open to anyone who would like to participate, so sign your friends up, too!

*We are planning our next social event for after the March 8th member's meeting - we will hopefully coordinate this with a local restaurant promotion (you know...say  "Habitat" when you order your food, they give us 10% of everything made). This should be a great time to get to know each other AND get some good food at the same time. :o)

*Habitat will also be having a booth in the Union TOMORROW, Feb. 24th from 11am - 3pm. You can sign up to sit at the booth for any of those 4 hours, or just stop by between classes and say hey! This week our booth is by  Crossroads restaurant.

*We are very much looking for members who would like to take a leadership role in OU Habitat next year- if you think you might be interested, come to our executive meetings and see what we are all about! Email us for details/directions.

*Our next meeting will be March 8th at 7:30 pm in the Frontier room.

Now, the IMPORTANT PART: if you want to sign up for any of this, or you have questions, or perhaps a brilliant idea about something, EMAIL US back at [log in to unmask] We love to hear from you!!

Stephanie